Each individual activity/course has its own age restriction and this information can be found on the designated webpage of each activity we do. We have activities to suit persons from the age of 10/11 years old (min height 140 cm tall). Please be aware that all persons under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by their OWN parent or LEGAL guardian. This is a requirement by law.
We have no upper age limit for our activities. Please just check with your doctor to see if you are fit enough to partake in the activity you wish to do.
To take part in any of our activities you must be reasonably physically fit and able. Some activities are more demanding than others so please check our webpage for each activity to help you decide and please feel free to speak to us if you are unsure that you are suitable for the activity.
We do not recommend that you take part any activities if you have/are any of the following:
- Heart condition
- High blood pressure
- Any serious medical issues past or present that will make participating unsafe
Please let us know at the time of booking if you/your child have a disability or any health/mental issues. We will not discriminate. We just need to know in advance so that we can put you in a suitable group, prepare our activities and put measures in place to aid safety and enjoyment.
If you are unsure if you should take part please check with your GP.
- Min height: 140 cm.
- Max waist/hip size: 44 inches / 111 cm due to harness manufacturer restrictions.
- Max thighs: 27 inches / 68 cm due to harness manufacturer restrictions.
- Max weight: 18 stone due to safety equipment restrictions.
- Max wetsuit size: female size 16 / man size xxl (Ghyll Scrambling/Canyoning) due to wetsuit manufacturer restrictions – not discrimination.
*Please note* It is not possible for a larger woman to wear a larger mans wetsuit due to differing body shapes.
GROUP SIZE RESTRICTIONS:
All of our activities/courses have a maximum/minimum group size. Please check each activity webpage for group sizes or ask us via email.
Some of our activities and courses also have pre-requisites in terms of experience level required. Please check the page for each activity.
We do not arrange transport. All of our activities and courses run in and around the Lake District and transport is to be arranged by the customer.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Please ensure that you get in touch and book well in advance as we book up very fast. Please note that most of our activities and courses have a “season”. This is usually early Spring to late Autumn but an exact date is impossible to determine in advance as it comes down to the seasonal weather we are experiencing. Some of our activities have shorter seasons than others. Please get in touch for more accurate dates.
HOW TO BOOK:
Please note that to secure your place on an activity a minimum (non refundable) deposit of £80 is required. The total fee is due no later than 14 days (1 month for larger groups) prior to the activity start date. Once you have paid in full we do not offer a refund/a change of date for whatever reason unless we cancel the activity. For this reason we highly recommend you arrange your own insurance to cover you in the event you need to cancel your booking.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST:
At the booking stage:
- Inform/advise us of any medical condition
- Inform/advise us of any disability
- Inform/advise us of any mental health issue
- Ensure you are fit enough to partake in the chosen activity
- Ensure that you meet the restrictions listed above
- Ensure you have the correct experience (activity dependant)
- Ensure you can understand English (for safety reasons)
- Ensure you have transport arrangements
- Approached your GP about whether or not you and fit and well enough to partake (if necessary)
- Ensure you are confident in water or at height (depending on activity chosen)
- Pay the deposit/pay in full
Prior to the activity:
- Inform us of sizes (if we have asked) so we can bring the correct kit
- Give us a contact number in case we have to cancel and can do so with enough notice to ring you (not always possible).
- Print out, read and fill in the participation form
- Pay in full
- Inform all participants in your group of arrangements, terms & conditions restrictions and what to bring etc
On the day:
- Bring ALL the kit on the list provided on the email/webpage
- Bring the participation form
- Bring any personal medication
- Not turn up under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Must adhere to instructions given by the instructor and act in a civil manner with respect to the environment and others in it
- Turn up on time
CANCELLATION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Please note that to secure your place on an activity a minimum (non refundable) deposit of £80 is required. The total fee is due no later than 14 days (1 month for larger groups) prior to the activity start date. Once you have paid in full we do not offer a refund/a change of date or time for whatever reason unless we cancel the activity. For this reason we highly recommend you arrange your own insurance to cover you in the event you need to cancel your booking.
If WE cancel the activity due to:
- Our own unforeseen personal circumstances i.e illness/car problems/traffic problems
- Inclement weather i.e unsafe water levels / wind levels too high / ice & snow (decided by the instructor)
- If we make an error with the date/time/meeting location
In the event of the above we will either try if possible to offer a backup activity, give an alternative date or fully refund you. Please note that weather by nature is unpredictable and that unforeseen circumstances can happen. This may lead to us having to cancel an activity. It is almost never possible to let you know in advance of a cancellation. Therefore this could lead to a wasted journey. This is a risk you accept when you decide to book transport or accommodation and we will NEVER refund anything other than the price we charged you for the activity.
We reserve the right to cancel or terminate the activity WITHOUT neither notice nor refund for any of the following reasons:
- If we have not received full payment within 14 days (1 month for larger groups) of the activity start date
- If we have not received medical/disability/mental issues prior to the activity
- If you do not bring along the participation form
- No English speakers (for safety reasons to ensure the instructions are understood)
- No personal medication
- If you do not adhere to instructions given by the instructor and act in a civil manner with respect to the environment and others in it
- If you arrive late
- If you cancel/fail to turn up/turn up late due to unforeseen circumstances
- If a member of your party drops out for any reason (including illness)
- If you do not bring the correct kit in the list provided
- Any other reason that affects the safety requirements of the activity
VOUCHER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Vouchers are valid for 12 months and must be used by the expiry date.
Please note that this voucher should not be deemed as “automatic acceptance” on to an activity. All of our activities have age restrictions, size/weight restrictions, health restrictions as well as legal restrictions such as all persons under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by their OWN parent or LEGAL guardian. All of our activities have a maximum group size. Some of our activities also have pre-requisites in terms of experience level required. Please also note that all of our activities run in and around the Lake District and transport is to be arranged by the customer. For specific requirements regarding each activity please visit our website. Please be aware that prices are based on a minimum group size of 2 persons. individuals will need to pay for two persons if coming out alone.
Please ensure that you get in touch and book well in advance as we book up very fast. Last minute booking with us rarely works. Once we have agreed on a date/timeslot you cannot alter it. Please note that all of our activities and courses have a “season”. This is usually early Spring to late Autumn but an exact date is impossible to determine in advance as it comes down to the seasonal weather we are experiencing. We have countless people who get a voucher for Christmas and wait until Nov/Dec to get in touch to book up for an activity we stop running in October so please familiarise yourself with our season on our website and get in touch ASAP if you are unsure. We will not extend this date.
Vouchers can NEVER be returned or exchanged for their monetary value. Inclement weather that causes an activity to become unsafe to run can and will occur periodically in the Lake District. In ANY situation where WE (Crags Adventures) cancel an activity due to unsafe weather conditions we will either try if possible to offer a backup activity or we will give an alternative date (even if the alternative date falls outside of your voucher expiry date we will still honour it).
Cancellations caused by customers will NOT be eligible for a refund or an extension of time on the vouchers expiry date. Once the date and time of your activity has been agreed then your voucher will be allocated to that particular date and time and becomes non transferrable. Therefore if you change the agreed date or time of your activity you will have to pay the additional money involved.
Please note that the terms and conditions listed here are “voucher specific” and should be read inclusively with our full terms and conditions above.
Please get in touch if you have any queries regarding these terms. We will be happy to answer your questions.